11.30.2010

Napoblomo comes to a close


November 30th means two things... my mother-in-law's birthday and the end of Nablopomo, or National Blog Posting Month.

First of all, I'd like to say a very happy birthday to Gloria. May you be blessed with many, many more birthdays. You've been so very kind and generous to Debbie, the kids and me since I got here over seven years ago. Thank you for everything! :)



At the end of October, a friend of my wife and mine said she was going to commit to blogging every day during the month of November to celebrate Nablopomo. My wife decided she'd take up Leanne's challenge and also commit to writing a blog every day during the month. Debbie is an excellent writer and I was so glad that she was going to start writing again. Judge for yourself how well she writes here. I'm really proud of her for sticking to her commitment... I know there were some days when she wanted to just forget it and go to bed.

A few years ago, I had a blog that I really enjoyed writing, so I too decided to take up the challenge and write a blog entry every day for the thirty days between October 31st and December 1st. At times it was easy and fun... some of the blogs just flowed. At other times, I started and erased and started and erased and started and erased and started and erased and started again. That was frustrating. Some nights I was so tired and thought I'd just forget about blogging, but my wife encouraged me to keep going because I'd be glad at the end of the month. I am... it's been pretty rewarding and has gotten me back into writing, which is something that I really do enjoy doing. Thanks for all the encouragement, Debbie. And thanks for the challenge Leanne... congratulations go out to you for completing the challenge too. Leanne's blog is a good read... see it here. I consider her my blog mentor!

As I said, I've really enjoyed this and I plan on continuing. There won't be any pressure on me unless I put it on myself, which I probably will do from time to time. I probably won't blog every day, but I hope to write three or four times a week. Thank you for reading it and especially for the comments you left. There were many times that I thought no one was reading it and the comments were quite welcome. Please keep checking for new entries... it's much easier to write for an audience.

And finally, remember that blog spelled backwards in golb!

1 comments:

Leanne Haines said...

Congratulations, Glenn! I'm so glad you didn't give up. It feels great, doesn't it? Thanks for the shout out, and keep on blogging! I'll be back to make sure you do!