11.25.2010

La la la la la la... Me me me me me me

My wife blogged today about being in her car when an old favorite came on the radio and how she sang alone in the car with wild abandon. You can read her blog post here and see what she had to say. I'll wait while you do. La dee dah... bum, de bum bum.. bah doo doo doooo... bam de bam bam bam. Okay, so now that you know what she had to say, I'll go on. I can definitely attest to the fact that she couldn't carry a tune "even if it had comfy handles", which is a saying that I've never heard, but I've come across many different sayings that are foreign to me since I crossed the border six and a half years ago. Anyway, she really can't carry a tune at all, but what she lacks in tonal quality, she certainly makes up for with enthusiasm. In fact, and I hope I am not sorry that I am publicly confessing this, I really do enjoy listening to Debbie sing when she's going at it full force as her enthusiasm is heart warming. She doesn't do it too often in front of me, but sometimes when we're in the car, she'll just let down her guard and bellow like an elk who found a mate for the first time in its life. I don't think she's let go while in the presence of our puppy, who has already let us know what she thinks of Seldon joining the band and learning the trumpet, but I think that the puppy will have the same reaction to Debbie's singing.

I too like to sing, but I rarely let go like Debbie does. I often sing along to the radio or a CD, but it's usually low enough to not drown out the music playing. I don't think I can sing very well, but I do okay. I've often wondered if I'd have been a decent singer if I had had some training. Deep in the recesses of my soul, I am a rockstar and I play a very mean air guitar, air drums and air keyboard.

I imagine I'll be hearing a lot more of Debbie's singing after she reads this blog, but I can handle it... I love her and I think that when you love someone, you think the things they do are a little sweeter to you than to others. Sing it Deb!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd have you know that "even if it had comfy handles" is no Canadian saying. They're my original words! And, I laughed right out loud when you compared my singing to an elk's bellow when he finds his first mate. Do they really do that? Too funny, in a mildly insulting way.