11.22.2010

Winter... blech!

Today reminded me why I hate winter. It snowed in Fredericton today... not just a few flurries, but enough to cover the car so it had to be brushed off... enough to make the roads slippery enough to show who the knucklehead drivers are... enough to freeze up the windshield wipers so that they only cleared two small strips at the very top and very bottom of the windshield... enough to cause me to fall flat on my gluteus maximus and hurt myself... enough to cause me to hate winter just a little more than last year!

It's cold and messy and slippery and... well, it's just not something that people should have to deal with. Yes, it's pretty... for a very short time and maybe if I had a job that was canceled when it snowed, I'd like winter and snow a little more than I do. What I'd like is to live in a place where the weather is about 68 degrees all year long and sunny everyday. I wouldn't mind some snow... it could start at about 8:00pm on Christmas Eve, stop by midnight and be melted by the day after Christmas when the temperature rises back up to 68 degrees. Is that too much to ask?

It's going to be a long winter... hopefully we all make it through with no injuries or car accidents and once again the weather will warm, the snow will melt and spring will show itself. Only 120 days to go and I can't wait.

0 comments: