11.21.2010

Push button to activate vaporizer

On the highway today, driving to Seldon's basketball games, I was faced once again with my biggest, by far, pet peeve. The general rule of the road is to keep right and pass on the left. Simple enough, one would think, as most of us have learned our rights from our lefts by the time we're ten or eleven. I understand that some people have a problem telling their right from their left, but this is a very small sampling of drivers on the road.

I'm fairly certain that at some point in the testing for a drivers license, it's made known to every driver that on the highway, we keep to the right or the passenger side of the road, and pass on the left or the driver side of the road. While driving, nothing gives me road rage... nothing that is except having to sit behind a car in the left lane that isn't passing... or trying to pass. It's the left lane knucklehead... it's the PASSING LANE... the lane in which you move YOUR vehicle faster than the one beside you in the right lane... the lane you don't just cruise down the highway in unless you're about to pass ANOTHER FLIPPIN CAR THAT'S IN THE RIGHT LANE. IT'S EASY... RIGHT LANE FOR CRUSING... LEFT LANE FOR PASSING SAID CRUISING CAR.

Ahem... excuse me and accept my apology for letting my emotions get the best of me in the above paragraph. Now I'm not a reckless driver by any means and I usually stay at or slightly above the speed limit... most of the time. It's just that when I'm driving down the highway (in the right lane, I might add) doing the speed limit or slightly more than the speed limit as I said, and I come up on a vehicle going slower than I, I want to be able to move safely into the left lane and pass the car. This just isn't an option if the FLIPPIN KNUCKLEHEAD CRUISING IN THE LEFT LANE, WHICH IS MADE FOR PASSING, DOESN'T SPEED UP OR MOVE INTO THE RIGHT LANE WHICH IS MEANT FOR CRUISING. BOY THESE PEOPLE MAKE ME MAD!!!!!! Ahem... my apologies again.

I think the the car manufacturers should add a vaporizer option to their vehicles which would give a driver the power to vaporize the vehicle in the left lane standing the way of passing. I realize that in the wrong hands, a vaporizer could be used for less than honorable purposes, but my plan would filter out the drivers who cruise the left lane and don't keep right. Strict rules and testing to weed out those who wouldn't use it responsibly to only vaporize the drivers who deserve it, would be put into place. I'm sure this will help to alleviate the problem which plagues highways all over the world and I look forward to the day when all left lane cruisers are eradicated from the roads and my only pet peeve is no longer an issue.

0 comments: