11.18.2010

The 6:45 to the other universe

Is there anything better than a chocolate chip cookie... a homemade chocolate chip cookie loaded with chocolate chips... a freshly baked hot chocolate chip cookie loaded with sweet melted chips in every bite? I don't think so and I speak from experience... immediate experience... as I just finished a couple of freshly baked cookies with a hot cup of tea. When I walked in the house after puppy class tonight, the wonderful aroma of freshly baked cookies attacked my nostrils causing me to lose all control of my senses. My wonderful wife spent the evening baking cookies for the kids and me.

I have a very big sweet tooth... in fact, I think it's probably more like I have one salt tooth and all the others are sweet teeth. If I could, I'd probably have a sweet dessert of some kind every night, but I watch what I eat and limit myself to the good stuff and eat lots healthy stuff. It's the right thing for me and I like knowing I'm treating my body right. At least that's what I think I'm doing. I know in a parallel universe, fried chicken, french fries and cole slaw with a huge piece of chocolate cake for dessert will be a healthy meal while a salad with an apple for dessert will be thought of a the meal that will kill you someday! Until I'm able to book my trip there on the shuttle, I'll keep limiting my desserts and fat intake... except when I open the door to my house to that wonderful delightful smell of freshly baked cookies. Then all rational thought on eating healthy goes out the window... any window in my house that's open!

0 comments: