11.24.2010

Happy Birthday Sadie

Happy Birthday mom!
Today she's 83... a very young 83. I know everyone thinks their mom is the best mom in the world...heck I guess even Charles Manson thought his mom was the best, but I really do think my mom is the best mom anyone could have. Small in stature, she's a four foot- six inch Italian woman with a heart as big as the moon. She really is very sweet, as anyone who knows her would say.

I'm so very fortunate to have been raised by two great parents and I have great memories as a kid. Sadie, my mom, is a great cook and an excellent baker. We always had home cooked meals growing up and we always ate together as a family which is something my family does now most every night. I learned many things from my mom growing up and now that I have a family of my own, I realize what an awesome giving woman she was.

I miss my mom a lot... I wish I could have been in New Jersey today to celebrate her birthday with her. If I had been, we probably wouldn't have done anything too special, but I would have spent time with her... very precious time. Happy Birthday mom, I love you.!

0 comments: